Simple tips to Get rid of Black Knees/Elbow
Are your dark knees and elbows bothering you from being fashionable and exploring yourself? Here comes the solution for the problem. We list out the best Home Remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows. Most often Home Remedies are preferred as they are low cost techniques, natural with no side effects.
- Major causes for dark knees and elbows are:
- Dead skin accumulation
- Exposure to friction
- Skin discoloration
- Sun tan
- Changes in Hormone levels
How to get rid of dark knees and elbows:
Wet your skin and use soap or a cleanser to remove the dirt. Then scrub gently to exfoliate and retain the glow. Use scrubs such as rice bran, oats, almond, salt mixed with water or milk. Massage for about 5 – 10 minutes and wash the skin. Then use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and soft. Best natural moisturizing agents are aloevera gel, almond oil, seaweed paste. Later evenly apply sun screen lotion through out the skin. Use skin whitening and bleaching agents to get a lighter skin tone.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Knees and Elbows:
Ingredients: Aloevera, Honey
How to use: The best homemade remedy used for years now. Prepare fresh aloevera juice and add honey to it. Blend well and mask the affected areas with this mixture. After 20 minutes, wash with water. This is the best mixture that rejuvenates the skin giving a healthy and fresh look.
Ingredients: Gram Flour, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using gram flour and milk. Apply gently and massage for 15 minutes. Allow it to dry and wash off with water. Gram flour acts as a scrub in removing dead skin cells.
Ingredients: Almond, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using almond and milk. Use this oil mix every day for best results. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, Helps in eliminating toxins from your body.
Ingredients: Hydrogen Peroxide
How to use: Dip cotton in Hydrogen Peroxide and spread it evenly. Wash it after 10 minutes. Regular usage of Hydrogen peroxide may dry the skin. Hence make sure to moisturize the skin immediately after using Hydrogen peroxide.
How to use: Take cucumber, cut into pieces and mash it. Apply and leave this paste for about 10-15 minutes then wash it off. A perfect remedy to boost your skin tone.
Ingredients: Orange Peel, Honey
How to use: Take dried orange peel and grind it into powder. Add honey to it and make a fine paste. Massage on the skin in circular motion and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it off.
Ingredients: Sandalwood Powder, Rose Water
How to use: Sandalwood is an antibiotic and acts as a cleanser. Make a paste using sandalwood powder and rose water in required proportions. Apply on skin, allow it to dry and rinse it off.
Ingredients: Vinegar, curd
How to use: Blend Vinegar and curd in equal proportions. Massage the mixture on knees and elbows and wash after 10 minutes.
How to use: Milk is widely used as a skin bleacher. With cotton dipped in milk, rub gently and evenly on the skin. Wash with warm water after 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Lemon juice
How to use: For many years lemon juice is used as a bleaching agent. It is rich in vitamin C and citric acid. Daily rub lemon juice to your knees and elbows and wash it with warm water.
How to use: Potato used as an ideal tan removing agent. Used widely as a bleach to skin. Peel the potato skin and grate it. Make it into a paste by adding rose water. Apply to face and wash it after 20 minutes.
Ingredients: Olive oil
How to use: Use olive oil as you use a body lotion before going to bed. Its antioxidant property keeps skin fair. It’s excellent moisturizing properties hydrates the skin.
There is an old saying “Prevention is better than cure”. Below mentioned are simple techniques to prevent dark knees and elbows.
- Scrub: The act of Scrubbing is called exfoliation. Scrubbing removes dead skin and dirt that darkens skin. Too much scrubbing results in dry and damaged skin. Use gentle and mild scrubbing agents.
- Sunscreen lotion: Before sun or water exposures apply sunscreen lotion. Long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays damages the skin and results in premature aging of the skin. Whenever it is too sunny apply sun screen lotion for every 3 hours. Try to wear full sleeves and full pants to cover yourself from damage. Ensure that your Sunscreen lotion contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor) or higher than that.
- Healthy diet: Eating right food at right time is the best mantra for a perfect skin. Ensure your diet is having many fruits and vegetables with adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Healthy diet helps skin to glow.
- Water: Apart from using moisturizing and hydrating agents, it’s good to hydrate skin from inside. Have loads of water daily to keep your skin healthy and fit.
- Minimize usage of deodorants/perfumes