Gain Weight & Build Muscles Naturally
First thing before starting this topic is – Healthy weight gain means “Do not gain fat, gain healthy fat, gain muscles”. Weight Gain diet doesn’t mean you should eat anything. It doesn’t mean it’s easy, effortless & can be done in a short period.
Causes of underweight
1. Inadequate eating habits, metabolic disturbances, delayed meal time, prolonged illness; wrong selection of foods, increased physical work without increasing the food intake may lead to energy shortage.
2. bad or inadequate sleeping habits, unscheduled eating habits, poor nutrition, heredity, lack of exercise, Excessive exercise, digestive problems, high metabolic rate, hectic lifestyle, Malnutrition etc.
3. Psychological causes – Depression, stress etc.
4. Diseases – like Cancer, Tuberculosis, Diabetes, hormonal imbalances, thyroid, HIV/Aids, hyperthyroidism, anorexia etc..
1. Eat three meals and two snacks per day.
2. Don’t miss your breakfast, lunch & dinner, as well as 2-3 snacks in between.
3. Those who want to gain weight should eat frequent small quantity meals. Consume low fat food, high in calories & nutrients such as starchy vegetables, nuts, seeds etc.
4. Avoid consume of products that are made from white flour and sugar.
Simple Home Remedies for Quick Weight Gain
1. Figs and raisins
Soak 2-3 dried figs and 8-10 raisins in water or milk for overnight and consume with milk through the next day.
2. Mango and milk
Eat 1-2 ripe mangoes in 3 portions throughout a day, after each portion drink 1 cup of milk. Drink mango shake once or twice a day.
Banana is known as excellent source for weight gain Eat 1-2 well ripen banana with a glass of milk in your breakfast. Also eat 1-2 bananas after every heavy meal for digestion improvement. You can also drink banana milk shake regularly.
4. Eat in small quantity
Don’t eat too much at a time. Eat your meal in small quantity; eat after very 2-3 hours. Consume fruits, juices, salads in your snacks; avoid chips, oily snacks, junk foods, cold drinks etc.
5. Tuna fish
Tuna fish is high in protein and rich in healthy calorie; this makes it a ideal food for those who desire to gain weight.
If possible take afternoon sleep for 30 minutes -1 hour. Don’t sleep late at night, sleep at least 7 hour.
7. Regular exercise
1. Improve up your appetite by regular exercise, brisk walk, jogging, weight exercise etc. Work at least for 45 minutes daily.
2. Exercise is very important to gain weight as it improves our appetite. Do weight exercise, brisk walking, swimming or other outdoor sports to stay healthy and active.
3. Yogasanas/ yoga practices such as Savasana (Corpse Pose), Sirshasana (Headstand), Pavan Mukta Asana (Wind releasing pose), Vajra Asana (Diamond pose) etc.
8. Fruits & dry fruits
1. Increase your consumption of milk, dry dates, nuts, raisins, figs, musk-melons, mangoes etc.
2. Eat muskmelon 2-3 times a day for 30-40 days.
3. Another very helpful remedy is, soak 2 almonds, 2 dates and 1 anjeer (figs) in milk for overnight and drink it in the morning for 30-45 days.
4. Add dessert like Halwa (made from carrots and dry fruits), khir/vermicelliwith Raisins & almonds in your regular diet.
Drink a lot of water daily. Being hydrated is very significant for our body, particularly as your body is going through changes.
10. Dairy Products
Increase the consumption of dairy products like milk, curd and cheese. But do not eat too much anything because it will have risk of indigestion, high blood pressure etc. Add ghee and butter in your regular diet.
In order to gain weight, you must consume a diet that includes more calories. Though, these bonus calories must be added using healthy food sources that contain vital nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. This will ensure that your body is finely nourished, putting it in a excellent position to put on weight. It is also very essential to apply exercise forms that involve muscle building since this will help you with major weight gain.