So you have some choices! Which is a good thing…because whether you make your own, buy an alternative, or have a big tub of Vaseline in your bathroom cabinet right now….there are A LOT of ways you can use this versatile substance every day! Here is a list I have curated from several sites across the www:
- Soften dry, chapped feet and hands by applying a liberal amount of jelly to them just before you go to bed and then putting on cotton socks and/or gloves. By morning, they’ll be soft and smooth. Put on your elbows too!
- Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this – and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.
- Use jelly as mascara! Apply it with your fingers on your eyelashes. It goes on clear and still gives your lashes volume.
- Eye-shadow/blush boost. Apply some under your eye shadow for a glossy effect. Apply on the apples of your cheeks for a dewy glow. Mix with lipstick for a cream blusher!
- Or, mix some jelly in with a bit of loose eye shadow powder. Make a pasty substance and apply it to your lips for the custom lipstick color of your choice.
- Lengthen the life of perfume by applying some jelly to the points where you spray your perfume, then spray your perfume on top of it.
- Control unruly eyebrows by rubbing just a tiny bit into your brows to make them behave.
- Heal wind-burned skin. Apply jelly liberally to your face or wherever you’ve been chapped.
- Have a matte lipstick that would look better shiny? Line your lips with a lip liner then mix some of your lipstick with a dab of jelly on the back of your hand. Apply it with a lip brush.
- Make flavored lip gloss by combining jelly with powdered Kool-aid. Or make a CHOCOLATE lip gloss by combining a chocolate chip with a dab of jelly in the microwave and applying to lips. Lip smacking good!
- Make a wonderful and inexpensive exfoliator! Just mix jelly with a bit of sugar or sea salt and scrub away!