Most people suffer from some type of unwanted skin darkening caused by a range of reasons, such as chafing, sun exposure, freckles, scars, acne, skin irritations, pigmentation, skin allergies, rashes, contact spots, genetics, etc.
But it doesn’t have to cost a lot to fix this problem, baking soda is an excellent remedy for treating uneven skin, while also brightening it. Baking soda acts as an exfoliator, skin – brightener, teeth whitener, etc. It is a natural, effective and cost affordable remedy.
How to use Baking Soda for Skin Whitening:
1. Baking Soda with Water
The fine particles in baking soda removes the dead skin cells to give an even skin tone.
- Mix baking soda and water in a 2:1 ratio.
- Apply this paste on the affected skin.
- Massage gently in circular motion then leave on for a few minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm then cold water and dry the skin.
- Only apply 3-4 times a week.
- Note: Rosewater or buttermilk or almond milk can be used instead of normal water.
- You can add 1 drop of any essential oil for a relaxing effect.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of warm water.
- Wash the affected area and apply.
- Let it dry for few minutes and wash off with warm water then dry the skin.
- Scrub baking soda gently on the affected skin. Especially if you have oily skin.
- Or you can add some baking soda in your cleanser and use as normal.
- Repeat this process regularly.
2. Baking Soda with Honey
Honey helps to fight against bacteria, tightens the skin pores, protects skin from sun damage and moisturizes the skin. Baking soda exfoliates the skin to reduce redness caused by breakouts and thus boosts proper circulation.